Carrot health and Beauty benefitshealth and Beauty benefitshealth and Beauty benefits
Carrot is a root vegetable with carotenoids, flavonoids, polyacetylenes, vitamins, and minerals, all of which possess numerous nutritional and health benefits.Besides lending truth to the old adage that carrots are carotenoids, polyphenols and vitamins present in carrot act as antioxidants, anticarcinogens, and immunoenhancers
Anti-diabetic, cholesterol and cardiovascular disease lowering, anti-hypertensive, hepatoprotective, renoprotective, and wound healing benefits of carrot have also been reported.
The cardio- and hepatoprotective, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory.
The Health Benefits of Carrots
- Consuming Carrots are known to be good for the overall health and specially organs like the skin, eyes, digestive system and teeth. Carrot is used in several Juice Therapy Remedies for diseases.
- Given below are some benefits of this Vegetable. Carrots are rich in Beta carotene which is a powerful antioxidant which helps in maintaining aand also keep one away from many diseases.
- Carrots are rich in alkaline elements which purify and revitalize the blood. They balance the acid alkaline ratio in the body.
- Carrots have Potassium in it which helps to balance the high levels of sodium associated with hypertension and keeps blood pressure under control. The high soluble fibre content in carrot, it reduces cholesterol by binding LDL, the bad cholesterol, and also increases the HDL which helps in reducing blood clots and heart diseases.
- Carrots are great for dental health as they kill harmful germs in the mouth and prevent tooth decay. Carrots aid digestion by increasing saliva and supplying the minerals, vitamins and enzymes required for it. Regular consumption of carrots helps in preventing gastric ulcers and digestive disorders.
- Raw carrots are used as a home remedy for treating worms in children. Raw or grated carrots can be used for wounds, cuts and inflammation.
- Carrots are rich in Carotenoids which are beneficial to blood sugar regulation. Carrots contain a phyto-nutrient called falcarinol which helps in promoting colon health and a reducing the risk of cancers. Consuming carrots regularly are known to improve the quality of breast milk in mothers.
- It also helps in increasing the menstrual flow. Consuming Carrots regularly can improve the appearance of skin, hair, nails etc and also improve eyes health.